The privacy of visitors to this blog is very important to me. In line with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced 25th May 2018, I’ve taken steps to make sure your personal data is safe and secure. Your personal information will not be sold to third parties.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
The information collected is as follows:
- IP address used
- geographic location (approximate)
- referring site e.g facebook
- internet browser details
- length of your visit to my site
- pages/contact viewed during your visit
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- as necessary for tax and accounting purposes;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) Compliance with various legal obligations. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under various laws.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows;
- Business transfers. In the event of selling my blog, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop. These companies are listed below. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Service Providers engaged:
Google Analytics – I use Google Analytics to collect data relating to the user information such as the users location, IP address and language. Other information includes the products viewed whilst visiting What Tina Said, the amount of time spent visiting my site and from which type of device (laptop, iPad, desktop).
Jetpack – I use Jetpack for tracking blog statistics such as page visits, length or visit and the users location. Jetpack is a widespread and trusted solution for helping me to understand my blogs statistics.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be stored and processed through third-party companies and service providers in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your expressed consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Where a request is made in relation to your rights above it may be necessary for me to contact the third party companies listed above in order to deal with your request. Alternatively, you may contact them direct with your request.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tina Reyes, am the Data Controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org